The highlight of your Botswana elephant safari will be interacting with the Elephants, learning about their behaviour and having a wonderful game viewing experience where you will be surrounded by antelope such as Wildebeest and Lechwe. Game drives will allow you to explore the picturesque islands further afield.
In the dry season when the Delta floods, you will be able to enjoy game viewing from mokoros, you may even see the rare water adapted sitatunga during a mokoro trip, as they live in the thick papyrus beds along the permanent water channels.
Okavango Delta Elephant Safari Highlights
- Abundance of wildlife and over 380 bird species reside in the area
- Stay in a luxury tent with the option to sleep in a star bed under the African stars
- Meet, exchange trunk greetings and interact with the Abu Elephant Herd
- Take a nature walk and follow the elephants on foot as they move through the bush
- Explore the open grasslands and secluded islands on morning and afternoon game drives
- Glide along the silent waters of the Okavango channels by mokoro, dug-out canoe or boat (water level dependent)
- Fully inclusive of all flights, transfers, meals and activities
- Customisable and easily combinable with other Southern Africa highlights